Made Ya Laugh! Game
It’s said that laughter is the best medicine, and also that laughter is contagious. It is believed that when people laugh, they release many great bodily enzymes and chemicals that can do everything from bring feelings joy, to actually bring good news, to heal diseases! As Christians, we have so much to be joyful about. Laughing and smiling should be part of the Christian lifestyle, so let’s celebrate with a laughing game.
Enough pieces of candy for each child in the group
Children will test their skills as comedians and bores to see who can get the most
people on their team.
1. If possible, divide the group into two even teams.
2. Have teams sit on opposite sides of the room.
3. Address one team and quietly tell them that they will be the Gigglers.
4. Tell them that in order to get the prize they have to make all members on
the opposing team laugh.
5. They may do anything do make them laugh (ex: silly faces, jokes) EXCEPT
6. Go address the other team and quietly tell them that they will be the Stone
7. Tell them that the only way they can get the prize is if the members on their
team keep a straight face.
8. Have the students line up single file, keeping the Gigglers on one side and
the Stone Faces on the other.
9. When you say “Go!”, the two students in the middle, one Giggler and one
Stone Face, will turn to face each other.
10.The Stone Face will have to look at the Giggler for thirty seconds without
laughing or smiling.
11.The Giggler will have to try to make the Stone Face laugh.
12.If the Stone Face goes thirty seconds without laughing or smiling, then they
and their Giggler will go sit at the back of the Stone Face line.
13.If the Stone Face laughs or smiles, they will go sit with the Giggler at the
end of the Giggler line.
14.Repeat each round until all pairs have gone.
15.Whichever side has more children at the end of the round wins the candy!
Mary-Kate is a regular blogger at Christianity Cove ( http://www.christianitycove.com/). You can often find her writing about Christian Parenting, Homeschool Teaching, Bible Study and Sunday School Activities, Faith and inspiring children to love God. Follow her at @SundaySchoolGal Facebook Google+ & Pinterest